We all know that there’s some brilliant examples of great practice in the children’s and adults’ social care world. Stories of heroism, grit, partnership, going beyond the call of duty, and just down-right fantastic people doing one of the most important jobs.
Knowing and showcasing incredible stories is a really important part of recognising you – we need to share ideas and best practice, network, learn, and celebrate a remarkable workforce.
So, do you know any great examples of any individual or teams that would exemplify the themes of the strategy and showcase the great work already happening? The strategy is based on themes, so it may help to think of someone that exemplifies one or more of the themes.
- A star in innovation: someone who has really worked in a way that builds on service user strengths and outcomes and promotes their autonomy.
- A star in digital: someone who has taken the opportunities and potential of digital technology and used it in new ways – ways that could have a real practical implication for others and makes a real difference.
- A star in recruitment : someone who has some great practices and ideas around values-based recruitment. Someone who’s making a difference or even turning social care recruitment on its head.
- A star in resilience: someone who has proactively supported workforce training and development, or colleagues’ health and wellbeing over the most difficult few years many of us have seen in the profession.
- A star in retention: someone who has done great things to support people to stay in their vocation and keep doing what they love. This might be health and wellbeing, supporting learning and development, valued, rewarded, and celebrated people, or something else?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your nomination, highlighting who you’d like to see on the Wall of Fame and why.
Karen as a care worker in Horninglow Bungalows in Burton-upon-Trent. Watch her story: